In June, 2011, True Blade was approached by a large New York bank to develop software that automates hundreds of daily file transfers between the bank, the bank’s clients, and various third-parties. We established technical protocols for regularly retrieving various types of files, most of which are .csv, .xls, or .xlsw format. The software is known as tb-copy and was created entirely by True Blade. tb-copy has been in continuous service since late 2011.
In subsequent years additional clients approached us about utilizing the software with new requirements, allowing us to make incremental improvements that have increased tb-copy's flexibility and capabilities. For one client, True Blade's Managed File Transfer Service delivers about 70 time-sensitive files each trading day, and their recurring fee is $1,000 per month plus sales tax.
Done for You
True Blade's Managed FIle Transfer Service is fully monitored. Our support staff is always alerted, but the client's operations staff can also be notified if desired. Alerts can be sent out if deadlines are missed, even though the service will continue to retry and deliver the files once the source files eventually show up in the source system.
- A managed service to retrieve, modify, and upload files on a schedule.
- Supports retries until files are available or accepted.
- Sends email to notify of success or failure.
- On success, files (or extracts from files) can be sent via email.
- Schedule can be fixed (say, every weekday) or depend on a variety of calendars (say, the day after every NYSE trading day, to include Saturdays).
- Data Transformation - files can be transformed before reaching their destination, for example to change the sequence of columns in a data file.
True Blade works with the client to understand what sources and destinations exist, what the schedules are, if any transformations are involved, and what client notifications are needed. Then we set up the file transfers and monitoring. After that, it's a fully monitored lights-out operation.
First month fee is $1,000 and includes setup charges. That is what you are buying today. Once the system is running to our mutual satisfaction, True Blade will contact you to negotiate a recurring monthly fee based on mutual agreement.